I’ve completed much of the initial work on this blog and server instance. I’ve installed a good theme that I’m liking, and have begun to customize a few things.
The ActivityPub plugin has been enabled, and it’s been interesting. I did a basic “Hello World” post last night, and it caused quite a lot of activity in my logs when I boosted the post from my Mastodon account.
Fortunately, the server handled the slew of requests fairly well, but there were some moments of very high CPU usage, which caused things to slow down for me a bit.
Of course, with ActivityPub integration this should be expected due to the nature of federation. In the meantime, performance monitoring has been enabled so I can watch things more closely.